Savoury Cheddar Shortbread
- 400g GALLOWAY CHEDDAR, grated
- 25g butter, for lining baking sheet plus 455g butter, softened
- 530g all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
What to do
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and butter.
- In large bowl, mix together butter, Galloway Cheddar, flour, garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
- Turn out onto floured surface; knead lightly to blend well. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Score with a knife into approximately 30 small squares or rectangles. Prick each square with a fork twice to make a cross shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.