- 4 medium eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 120g GALLOWAY CHEDDAR, grated
- 2 tbsps butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What to do
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, mayonnaise and water. Gently combine both mixtures.
- Melt butter in an oven proof dish and pour in egg mixture.
- Cook over low heat without stirring for 10 minutes. Egg mixture should be lightly browned on bottom but still moist on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Galloway Cheddar and bake until melted.