Cheddar & Cider Fondue
- 600g GALLOWAY CHEDDAR
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 350 ml cider
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 3 tsps corn flour
- 1 loaf of crusty white bread
What to do
- Rub the inside of a cast iron pot with the cut side of a clove of garlic.
- Chop up the garlic and put it in a heavy based pot.
- Add the cider, lemon juice, mustard and Galloway Cheddar and stir well.
- Mix the corn flour with a little water and add to the mixture.
- Heat it gently on the hob, stirring all the time, until it starts to bubble and all the cheese is melted.
- If the cheese is too runny, dissolve another teaspoon of corn flour in a little water and stir. If it's too thick, add another glug of cider and stir.
- Light the candle or burner under your fondue set. Transfer the warm cheese mixture to the fondue pot. Alternatively, you can serve the fondue in the pan it was cooked in, as it will remain runny for over 30 minutes.
- To eat, tear off a chunk of bread, spear it with a fondue fork and dip the bread into the cheese mixture.