Vegetable Cheese Croquettes
- 100g GALLOWAY CHEDDAR
- 600g floury potatoes
- 150g carrots, cut into ½cm dice
- 50g peas
- 75g medium oatmeal
- Oil for shallow frying
- Garlic mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What to do
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, boil the carrots and peas for 3 minutes, drain and run under cold water.
- Mash the potatoes, stir in the Galloway Cheddar and vegetables and season well.
- Divide into 8 and mould into cylinder shapes. Sprinkle the oatmeal onto a large plate and roll each croquette in it to evenly coat.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the croquettes for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden.
- Serve with garlic mayonnaise.