Cauliflower Cheese with Ham
- 150g GALLOWAY CHEDDAR, grated
- 1 large cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 568ml carton (1 pint) of milk
- 3 tbsps wholegrain mustard
- 6 thin slices cooked ham
What to do
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, reserving the small green leaves. Cook in a pan of boiling, lightly salted, water for 8 minutes until just tender. Add the leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain well and tip into a deep, heatproof dish.
- Preheat the grill to high. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk, bring up to a simmer and stir until thickened. Stir in 100g of the Galloway Cheddar, the mustard and half the ham. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and scatter with the remaining cheese and ham. Pop under the grill for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.